domingo, 31 de enero de 2010

Anocheciendo en la torre.



Es la Torre del Palacio del Marqués de la Motilla. Ya los últimos rayos de sol se reflejan en el pulido ladrillo de su figura.

sábado, 30 de enero de 2010

El Cronómetro.



En la Calle Sierpes podemos disfrutar de unos escaparates centenarios. La relojería-joyería "El Cronómetro" nació en 1901 y, desde entonces, ha sido dirigida por la familia Sanchís.
Desde estos momentos, la fisonomía de su fachada no ha cambiado mucho. Sólo podemos ver un cambio sustancial en el número de relojes que decoran su fachada. Cuando se creó, era sólo uno. Actualmente son seis.
.
In Sierpes Street we can enjoy a few centenary shop windows. The watchmaker's-jeweler's shop "The Chronometer" was born in 1901 and, since then, it has been directed by the Sanchís family.
From these moments, the physiognomy of the front has not changed very much. Only we can see a substantial change in the number of clocks that decorate it. When it was created, it was only one. Nowadays they are six.

viernes, 29 de enero de 2010

La muerte del maestro.



El Museo de Bellas Artes de Sevilla es la segunda pinacoteca en importancia de España. Por la cantidad de obras de arte y por la calidad de las mismas.
En una de sus salas podemos ver este enorme cuadro de José Villegas Cordero en la que se recrea la muerte de un torero. En la habitación podemos ver estampas tan características como el torero moribundo sobre su lecho, a su cuadrilla rodeándolo en sus últimos momentos, al sacerdote dándole la extrema unción, al mozo de espadas recogiendo las armas de torear y a la Virgen y al Cristo crucificado como ejemplo de la fe religiosa que suelen tener todos los que se juegan la vida en una plaza de toros.
.
The Museum of Fine arts of Seville is the second art gallery in importance of Spain. For the quantity of works of art and for the quality of the same ones.
In one of the rooms we can see this Jose Villegas Cordero´s enormous picture. In it the artist paint the death of a bullfighter. In the room we can see scenes as typical as to the moribund bullfighter on his bed, to his loved people around him in last last moments, the priest giving the extreme unction, to the young "boy of swords" gathering the weapon of fighting and to the Virgin and to the Christ crucified as example of the religious faith that all those who play the life in a bullring have.

jueves, 28 de enero de 2010

La Diosa Venus.



Aquí vemos una de las joyas del Museo Arqueológico de Sevilla: la Diosa Venus.
Esta estatua fue encontrada en Itálica, a cinco kilómetros de Sevilla, allí donde nacieron los Emperadores Trajano y Adriano.
.
Here we see one of the jewels of the Archaeological Museum of Seville: the Goddess Venus.
This statue was found in Italic, to five kilometres from Seville, there where the Emperors Trajano and Adriano were born.

miércoles, 27 de enero de 2010

Sabor a antiguo.



Esta es una de las riquezas de la ciudad de Sevilla. En el centro de la ciudad todavía quedan algunos bares o tabernas que conservan su imagen tal cual era hace cincuenta o cien años.
Nos podemos imaginar, en ellos, a los sevillanos de principios del siglo XX tomando su café o su copa de anís en ellos.
.
This one is of the wealths of the city of Seville. In the historical town stay some bars or taverns that preserve its image as it was fifty or hundred years ago.
We can imagine, in them, to the Sevillian people at beginning of the 20th century taking a café or a glass of anise in them.

martes, 26 de enero de 2010

Minuto de silencio.



El pasado sábado, en el Estadio Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán, se guardó un minuto de silencio en recuerdo de las víctimas del terremoto de Haití.
.
Last Saturday, in the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan Stadium, people guarded one minute of silence in recollection of the victims of the Haiti´s earthquake.

lunes, 25 de enero de 2010

Amarrando barcas.



En la orilla del Río Guadalquivir aún podemos ver algunos aros como los de la foto. Desde muy antiguo, el río ha sido navegable hasta su desembocadura en la costa de Cádiz.
Los barcos y barcas pequeñas, cuando estaban varados en la orilla, eran sujetados por fuertes cuerdas a las paredes. Estos aros hacían de ancla de amarre a los mismos.
.
In the Guadalquivir Shore we can see some hoops as this of the photo.
From very ancient, the river has been navigable up to the river mouth on the coast of Cadiz. The ships and small boats, when they were beached in the shore, were held by strong ropes to the walls, to these hoops.

domingo, 24 de enero de 2010

Calle Vida.



Hace unos día hablábamos de la Calle de la Muerte. Justo a unos doscientos metros podemos encontrar la Calle Vida. Cada una de ellas con una historia diferente. Así se hace la historia de una ciudad.
.
Some days ago, we were speaking about the "Death" Street. Rightly to approximately two hundred meters we can find the "Life" Street. Each of them with a different history. This way the history of a city is done.

sábado, 23 de enero de 2010

La cisterna de la fuente



Es poco frecuente ver artilugios tan antiguos en las fuentes de la ciudad. Cuando ya la mayoría de ellas funcionan con bombas automáticas de agua, podemos ver hoy en la fuente de la Avenida de Cádiz esta cisterna que regula el flujo del agua de la fuente.
.
It is slightly frequent to see so ancient useless devices in the fountains of the city.
When the majority of them work with automatic bombs of water, we can see today in the fountain placed in the Cadiz Avenue this cistern that regulates the flow of the water in it.

viernes, 22 de enero de 2010

La máscara.



En el centro de la Plaza Virgen de los Reyes hay una fuente monumental que fue realizada en el siglo XX. En ella podemos ver cuatro máscaras como la de la foto que sirven de fuente de agua para el monumento.
.
In the middle of the Virgen de los Reyes Square there is a monumental fountain that was realized in the 20th century.
In it we can see four masks like that in the photo that they use as water fountain for the monument.

jueves, 21 de enero de 2010

El muro de San Isidoro.



La Iglesia de San Isidoro es de principios del siglo XIV, sin embargo sus constantes reformas la identifican con estilos artísticos más avanzados en el tiempo.
En una de sus fachadas, justo la que está en la esquina con la Calle Cuesta del Rosario, presenta un muro exterior realizado en ladrillo avitolado. Este muro, que por dentro da a la Capilla Sacramental,, se remata por un frontón triangular como podemos ver en la foto.
Presenta, además, una pintura mural con una alegoría de Jesús Sacramentado adorado por ángeles y las Animas Benditas del Purgatorio. Es raro ver en el exterior de las iglesias pinturas de tal belleza. La iglesia de San Isidoro es una excepción.
.
SanIsidoro's Church was built at the beginning of the 14th century, nevertheless the constant reforms identify it with artistic styles more advanced in the time.
In one of its fronts, just the one that is in the corner with the Cuesta del Rosario Street, presents in the outside wall made in brick. This wall, inside is the Sacramental Chapel wall, is finished off by a triangular stone since like we can see in the photo.
It presents, in addition, a wall painting with Jesus Sacramentado's allegory adored by angels and the Blessed Souls of the Purgatory. It is strange to see in the exterior of the churches paintings of such a beauty. San Isidoro's church is an exception.

miércoles, 20 de enero de 2010

Puertas antiguas.



En el número 14 de la Calle Abades esquina con Calle Segovias está situada la Casa de los Pinelo. Este edificio fue construido por uno de los miembros de la familia Pinelo, ricos comerciantes genoveses afincados en Sevilla desde la segunda mitad del siglo XV.
Actualmente es la sede de las Reales Academias Sevillanas de las Buenas Letras y de Bellas Artes Santa Isabel de Hungría.
Esta puerta ha permanecido intacta a lo largo de los tiempos, sólo el agua y el viento han moldeado su figura y su apariencia.
.
In 14, Abades Street square to Segovias Street, the House of the Pinelo is placed. This building was constructed by one of the members of the Pinelo family, rich italian merchants that bought this property in Seville from the second half of the 15th century.
Nowaday the Royal Sevillian Academies of the Good Letters and of Fine arts is in this building.
This door has remained intact throughout the times, only the water and the wind have molded its form and appearance.

martes, 19 de enero de 2010

Tesoro del Carambolo.



Estas joyas pertenecen a la época tartésica en el sur de España, entre el siglo VII y el II antes de Cristo. Lo podemos ver en el Museo Arqueológico. Una verdadera reliquia que apaereció de forma accidental. Esta es su historia.
La meseta del Aljarafe, a las afueras del barrio de Triana, tiene un conjunto de pequeñas elevaciones, también llamadas carambolos. Entre dos de estos cerros, el de San Juan de Aznalfarache y el de Santa Brígida, se encuentra situado El Carambolo. Este es, precisamente, el enclave de un fastuoso tesoro tartésico e importantes restos de cerámica.
El día 30 de septiembre de 1958, en los terrenos de la Real Sociedad de Tiro de Pichón de Sevilla, y en el curso de una ampliación para el torneo internacional que tuvo lugar el siguiente año, la azada del joven trabajador Alonso Hinojos del Pino descubrío un objeto metálico que había de ser el primero de los brazaletes de oro de 24 quilates.
El hallazgo se daba, una vez más, por casualidad: el arquitecto Medina Benjumea, momentos antes de marchar al aeropuerto, había mandado excavar 15 centímetros más en el terreno que se preparaba con objeto de que las ventanas del nuevo edificio no quedasen tan a ras del suelo. Sin tal resolución, la terraza se hubiera pavimentado con losas de cemento, y el tesoro y todo lo demás hubiera quedado oculto para siempre.
Los obreros que encontraron el brazalete siguieron excavando un poco más abajo, ya que a éste le faltaba un rosetón. Por fin encontraron un lebrillo con los bordes curvados que contenía el resto del magnífico tesoro.
En un principio pensaron que serían imitaciones de cobre de joyas antiguas, y las repartieron entre ellos. Finalmente, por miedo a ser descubiertos, resolvieron entregar las piezas a las autoridades.
.
These jewels are from the tartesic epoch in the south of Spain, between the 7th century and the IInd B.C.. We can see it in the Archaeological Museum. A real relic that appeared in a accidental form. This one is the history.
The plateau of the Aljarafe, to the suburbs of Triana's neighborhood, has a set of small elevations, also called carambolos. Between two of these hills, it is found The Carambolo placed. East is, precisely, the enclave of a magnificent tartesic exchequer and important remains of ceramics.
On September 30, 1958, in the areas of the Royal Society of Shot to the Pigeon of Seville, and in the course of an extension for the international tilt that took place the following year, the hoe of the hard-working young man Alonso Hinojos del Pino discovered a metallic object that had to be the first one of the golden bracelets of 24 carats.
The find was given, once again, casually: the architect Medina Benjumea, moments before going to the airport, had given the orders to excavate 15 more centimeters in the area that was prepared in order that the windows of the new building were not staying so to evenness of the soil. Without such a resolution, the terrace had been paved by slabs of cement, and the exchequer and everything else had remained secret forever.
The workers who found the bracelet continued excavating a bit down below, since this one was lacking a rosette. Finally they found a big ceramic box with the curled edges that contained the rest of the magnificent exchequer.
About a beginning they thought that they would be imitations of copper of ancient jewels, and distributed them between them. Finally, for fear of being discovered, they resolved to deliver the pieces to the Royal Society of Shot to the Pigeon.

lunes, 18 de enero de 2010

El Pabellón Mudéjar.



Este edificio es el Pabellón Mudéjar de la Exposición Iberoamericana de 1929. Actualmente sirve de museo y es el Museo de Artes y Costumbres Populares.
.
This building is the Mudejar (Spanish Muslim) Pavilion in the 1929´s Latin-American Exhibition. Nowadays it is used as museum and is the Museum of Arts and Popular Customs.

domingo, 17 de enero de 2010

Ministro de Ultramar.



En la Calle San Jacinto, en el barrio de Triana, a la altura del número 17 de esta calle podemos ver estos azulejos en la pared en recuerdo de D. Antonio María Fabie y Escudero y su nacimiento en este domicilio.
Es posible que su figura no signifique mucho para quien lee esto, pero si traigo esta foto hoy es por la importancia y relevancia histórica del cargo que ocupó.
Se dice que el mencionado señor Fabie fue el último Ministro de ULTRAMAR. Para España, "ultramar" fueron, principalmente, todas las posesiones del Imperio español en América, Filipinas, Guam y el resto de islas del Pacífico que en un tiempo formaron parte de la Corona española.
Para ocuparse de su administración y gobierno se creó el Ministerio de Ultramar.
Desgraciadamente, en época del señor Fabie, España perdió todas las posesiones en América y Asia y no tenía sentido tener un ministerio de este tipo.
.
In the San Jacinto Street, in Triana's neighborhood, in the number 17 we can see these blue rollers in the wall in recognition of D. Antonio Maria Fabie y Escudero and his birth in this domicile.
It is possible that his name does not mean very much for the one who reads this, but if I bring this photo today it because of the historical importance of the post that occupied.
It is said that the mentioned gentleman Fabie was the last Minister of OVERSEAS. For Spain, "overseas" is, principally, all the possessions of the Spanish Empire in America, The Philippines, Guam and the rest of the pacific islands that in a time formed a part of the Spanish Wreath.
To deal with its administration and government created the Department of Overseas.
Unfortunately, in epoch of the gentleman Fabie, Spain lost all the possessions in America and Asia and it did not have felt to have a department of this kind.

sábado, 16 de enero de 2010

El Parlamento desierto.



Este es el edificio del Parlamento de Andalucía. La foto está tomada un domingo por lo que no se ve la actividad normal de los parlamentarios. Pero eso no impide que disfrutemos de esta bonita vista de un edifico político que fue concebido como hospital, el hospital más grande del mundo en el siglo XVI.
.
This is the building of the Parliament of Andalusia. The photo is taken on Sunday, this is the reason because of we can´t see the normal activity of the members of parliament. But it does not prevent that we enjoy this nice sight of this politician building who was conceived as hospital, the biggest hospital in the world in the 16th century.

viernes, 15 de enero de 2010

Comer a la sombra



Una de las actividades que puede hacer todo el que viene de visita a Sevilla: comer en la calle disfrutando del ambiente cálido y luminoso de la ciudad.
Este restaurante está situado en la Plaza de la Alianza, pero a lo largo de la ciudad hay miles de tabernas, bares y restaurantes donde solicitar una cerveza bien fría y un plato de la excelente cocina andaluza.
.
One of the activities that people who visit Seville can do: to eat or take a lunch in the street enjoying the hot and luminous environment of the city.
This restaurant is placed in the Plaza of the Alliance, but along the city there are thousands of taverns, bars and restaurants where to request a cold beer and a plate of the excellent Andalusian cuisine.

jueves, 14 de enero de 2010

La Iglesia de San Benito.



La Iglesia de San Benito tiene una particularidad sobre las otras iglesias de Sevilla: tiene dos puertas principales de entrada. La que vemos en la imagen es la que está situada en la Calle Luís Montoto.
Esta puerta es del siglo XVIII y está compuesta por un arco de medio punto en cuyo centro aparece un relieve con un león y un castillo, símbolos del Reino de Castilla y León, precursores del actual Reino de España.
En el centro hay una decoración con la Cruz de Calatrava, una orden militar y religiosa que luchó contra los musulmanes que invadieron la península ibérica.
En su hornacina está el relieve de la "Señora de Valvanera" acompañada con los anacoretas "Domingo y Nuño".
.
San Benito's Church has a particularity over the other churches in Seville: it has two principal doors for entry. The one that we see in the image is the door is placed in the Luis Montoto Street.
This door is from the 18th century and is composed by a round arch in whose center appears a relief with a lion and a castle, symbols of the Kingdom of Castille and Lion,
In the center there is a decoration with Calatrava's Cross, a military and religious order that fought against the Muslims who invaded the Iberian peninsula.
In its niche there is the relief of the "Virgin of Valvanera " accompanied on the anchorites "Domingo and Nuño".

miércoles, 13 de enero de 2010

La Capilla de la Virgen de la Estrella.



En la Calle San Jacinto, en pleno barrio de Triana, tenemos una pequeña capilla que, a muchos visitantes, les pasa desapercibida: la Capilla de la Virgen de la Estrella.
La Virgen de la Estrella es una imagen religiosa muy venerada en Sevilla a la que muchos feligreses le tienen adoración.
La Virgen de la Estrella es una de la imágenes que procesiona cada Domingo de Ramos en la Semana Santa de Sevilla. Lo hace entre el fervor del pueblo quien le dio el sobrenombre de "La Valiente". Este sobrenombre se le impuso porque fue la única imagen que se atrevió a salir a la calle el Jueves Santo de 1932, cuando en Sevilla había un ambiente muy hostil hacia todo lo religioso. La Virgen de la Estrella, desafiando a todos los contrarios, salió ese día en procesión junto a los fieles de su barrio.
.
In San Jacinto Street, in Triana's neighborhood, we have a small chapel that, happens to many visitors unnoticed: the Chapel of the Virgin of the Star.
The Virgin of the Star is a religious image very venerated in Seville to which many parishioners have adoration.
The Virgin of the Star is one of the religious images that go out every Palm Sunday in the Holy Week of Seville. It does it between the fervor of the people who gave to Her the nickname of "The Brave". This nickname imposed her because it was the only image that dared to go out to the street the Holy Thursday in 1932, when in Seville there was a very hostile environment towards everything religious. The Virgin of the Star, defying to all the opposite ones, went out this day in procession together with the public of her neighborhood.

martes, 12 de enero de 2010

El Edificio Allianz.



En la confluencia de la Plaza Nueva con la Plaza de San Francisco podemos ver este edificio que fue construido para la Aseguradora Allianz. En su fachada destaca la imagen de su marca en gran tamaño fundida en hierro. Hoy día es sede del Consulado de Alemania en Sevilla.
.
Between the Plaza Nueva and the Plaza of San Francisco we can see this building that was constructed for the Insurance Allianz.
In the front wall stands out the image of the brand in great size fused in iron. Today it is sedate of the Consulate of Germany in Seville.

lunes, 11 de enero de 2010

La imagen de un torero



En el Paseo de Colón, a pocos pasos de la Plaza de Toros de la Maestranza, podemos ver este homenaje a uno de los mejores toreros de la historia: Pepe Luís Vázquez.
.
In the Colon Avenue, a few steps from the bullring of the Maestranza, we can see this honoring monument to one of the best bullfighters of the history: Pepe Luís Vázquez.

domingo, 10 de enero de 2010

Cinco faroles.



A lo largo y ancho de Sevilla hay multitud de farolas. Ésta que está situada en la plaza donde comienza la Avenida de Cádiz es una de mis preferidas.
.
Along the Seville city there is multitude of lampposts. This one that is placed in the square where Avenue of Cadiz begins is one of my favorite lamp.

sábado, 9 de enero de 2010

La Plaza de la Contratación.



La Plaza de la Contratración recibe su nombre porque en ella está situada la Casa de la Contratación que es el edificio que tenemos en la imagen. Este edificio, renovado y reconstruido tiene más de quinientos años de antigüedad.
Actualmente esta casa sirve de sede a la Cámara de Comercio y a la Consejeria de Obras Publicas y Transporte. En su momento fue lugar de control y contratación de todo el comercio que se realizaba entre España y América. Sevilla era la ciudad que recibía los barcos mercantes que iban y venían con especias, oro, plata, materias primas, alimentos, etc. Y en esta casa se encargarian de la negociación de los artículos provenientes de los territorios descubiertos. Estuvo en funcionamiento hasta 1790.
.
The Plaza de la Contratración receives her name because in it there is placed the House of the Contracting that is the building that we have in the image. This building, renewed and reconstructed, it is more than five hundred years old.
Nowadays this house serves of sedate the Chamber of Trade and the Council of Public Works and Transport in Andalusia.
In one moment it was place of control and contracting of the whole trade that was realized between Spain and America. Seville was the city that was receiving the merchant ships that were going and coming with spices, gold, silver, commodities, food, etc.
And in this house made the negotiation about the articles from the disclosed territories. It was functioning until 1790.

viernes, 8 de enero de 2010

La cúpula de la Torre del Oro.



La Torre del Oro fue construida en el siglo XIII como parte de las murallas que defendían la ciudad. La especial mezcla de cal, mortero y paja que se utilizó en su recubrimiento le dieron un color dorado, de ahí vino su nombre de Torre del Oro.
Es una torre formada por tres cuerpos, El primer cuerpo, dodecagonal, fue construido entre 1220 y 1221 por orden del gobernador almohade de Sevilla, Abù l-Ulà.
El segundo cuerpo, también dodecagonal, fue mandado construir por Pedro I el cruel en el siglo XIV.
El cuerpo superior, cilíndrico y rematado en cúpula, fue construido en 1760 por el ingeniero militar Sebastián Van der Borcht.
.
The Tower of the Gold was constructed in the 13th century as part of the defending walls of the city. The special mixture of lime, mortar and straw that they used to cover it made that the Towwer was golden. This was the reason of the name Tower of the Gold.
It is a tower formed by three bodies, The first body, with twelve sides, it was constructed between 1220 and 1221 on order of the morish governor of Seville, Abù l-Ulà.
The second body, also twelve sidesl, was ordered to construct it for Pedro I the cruel one in the 14th century.
The top, cylindrical body finished off in dome, was constructed in 1760 by the military engineer Sebastián Van der Borcht.

jueves, 7 de enero de 2010

El Hospital del Pozo Santo.



Si hay algún lugar en Sevilla cuya labor de beneficiencia hacia los enfermos e impedidos se ha desarrollado a lo largo de siglos es este hospital del Pozo Santo.
También conocido por Hospital del Cristo de los Dolores, en realidad es el Beaterio de Terciarias Franciscanas de Sevilla. Su fundación se debe a dos extraordinarias mujeres: Marta de Jesús y Beatriz Jerónima de la Concepción, quienes, ya viudas, y después de ejercer su labor caritativa en otros lugares, compraron en 1667 el solar para la construcción del Hospital del Santísimo Cristo de los Dolores en la plaza del Pozo Santo. Con este nombre se ha conocido en Sevilla este hospital para mujeres sin hogar, enfermas e impedidas.
.
If there is some place in Seville which labor of charity towards the patients and disabled it has developed throughout centuries it is this hospital of the Holy Well.
Also known by Hospital of the Christ of Dolores, actually it is a Pious Institution of Tertiary Franciscan old women of Seville. Its foundation owes two extraordinary women: Marta de Jesus and Beatriz Jerónima of the Concepcion, who, already widows, and after exercising her charitable labor in other places, bought in 1667 the lot for the construction of the Hospital of the Santisimo Cristo de los Dolores in the square of the Holy Well.
With this name this hospital has been known in Seville for women without home, sick and disabled.

miércoles, 6 de enero de 2010

El Jardín de las Esculturas.



El Monasterio de Santa María de La Cartuja fue uno de los edificios emblemáticos de la Exposición Universal de 1992. Recuperado entonces, está dedicado en la actualidad a uso público. Junto a la fachada principal está el llamado Jardín de las Esculturas, que posee una colección de esculturas de arte contemporáneo pertenecientes a la colección permanente del CAAC en una gran extensión de cesped y diversas especies vegetales. Las esculturas se diseminan por esta zona rodeando los dos lagos que están delante de la portada.
.
The Monastery of Santa Maria of The Carthusian is one was one of the emblematic buildings of the 1992´s Universal Exhibition. Recovered then, it is dedicated at present to public use. Close to the main face there is the so called Garden of the Sculptures, which possesses a collection of sculptures of contemporary art belonging to the permanent collection of the CAAC in a great extension of lawn and diverse plants species.
The sculptures are spread by this zone surrounding both lakes that are in front of the front door.

martes, 5 de enero de 2010

Nascendo Moritur.



El edificio del Ayuntamiento de Sevilla está diseñado en estilo plateresco. es cierto que no toda la fachada del mismo está decorado, pero lo que sí está, es de una belleza admirable.
En su decoración se pueden ver multitud de elementos alegóricos y mitológidos.
Traemos hoy a estas páginas el friso de una de la puertas del mismo. Dicho friso, además de tener el lema de la ciudad (NO&DO) tiene a dos figuras de niños con sendas calaveras en sus manos.
A esta figura se le llama "Nascendo Moritur" y nos recuerda lo efímera que es la vida, que en el momento de nacer, empezamos a morir.
.
The building of the Seville Town hall is designed in plateresco (spanish barroque) style. It is true that not the whole front of the same one is decorated, but what yes it is, is with an admirable beauty.
In the decoration it can be seen several allegoric and mitologic elements.
We bring today here the frieze of one of the doors of the same one. The above mentioned frieze, beside having the motto of the city (NO&DO) has two children's figures with paths skulls in their hands.
This figure is called "Nascendo Moritur" and he remembers us the life is ephemeral, that in the moment to be born, we start dying.

lunes, 4 de enero de 2010

La Sacristía Baja.




Este aposento de la Iglesia del Salvador se llama Sacristía Baja. Es un resto de una antigua capilla medieval.
En ella podemos ver los sitiales del coro realizados por el tallista Felipe González en el siglo XVIII. De estilo neoclásico, cada uno de los respaldos de los mismos muestran a los padres de la Iglesia y los brazos y el envés de cada asiento tiene monstruos esculpidos.
En el centro de la sala hay un mueble para apoyar los libros de lectura y canto.
.
This room of the Church of the Salvador is called The Low Sacristy. It is a rest of a former medieval chapel.
In it we can see the seats of the choir realized by the engraver Felipe Gonzalez in the 18th century. Made in neoclassic style, each of the supports of the same ones show to the parents of the Church and the arms and the back of every seat has monsters.
In the center of the room there is a furniture to support the books of reading and singing.

domingo, 3 de enero de 2010

Escaparates anti crisis.




Las navidades es época para regalar. Los escaparates de las tiendas se engalanan con sus mejores productos. Esta tienda situada en la Cuesta del Rosario vende copias de perfúmenes a bajo precio.
.
The Christmas days is an epoch to give presents. The shop windows of the shops are adorned with the better products. This shop placed in the Cuesta del Rosario sells copies of perfumes cheaply.

sábado, 2 de enero de 2010

La pila de San Ildefonso.



El rito de la Iglesia católica aconseja, al entrar en la iglesia, tomar en los dedos un poco de agua bendita y presignarse. Para esto es necesario elementos como el de la imagen, una pila que recoge agua en su interior dispuesta para su uso por los feligreses.
Esta pila puede ser de muy diversas formas. la de la Iglesia de San Ildefonso tiene forma de concha de almeja.
.
The catholic Church rite advises, going inside the church, to take in the fingers a bit of holy water. For this it is necessary elements as that of the image, a stone that gathers water inside arranged for using by the parishioners.
This stone can be made in several forms. That from San Ildefonso's Church has form of shell of clam.

viernes, 1 de enero de 2010

2010: Año Xacobeo




Hoy comienza un nuevo año xacobeo. ¿Qué significa esto?. 
Pues se denomina Año Santo Xacobeo o Jacobeo al año en que el 25 de julio (festividad del Apóstol Santiago) cae en domingo. En estos años los católicos pueden conseguir la bula jubilar o jubileo.
Para ello los requisitos son los siguientes: visitar la Catedral de Santiago de Compostela, rezar una oración y recibir los sacramentos de la penitencia.
Con esto se obtiene la indulgencia plenaria de nuestros pecados.
.
Today it begins a new xacobeo year. What does mean this?.
Since it names Holy Xacobeo Year or Jacobeo to the year in which on July 25 (festivity of the Apostle Santiago) it is on Sunday. In these years the Catholics can manage the "bula" to rejoice or jubilee.
For it, you need the following requirements: to visit the Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela, to say a prayer and to receive the sacraments of the penance.
With this there is obtained the plenary indulgence of our sins.