sábado, 29 de octubre de 2011

El Gran Poder de la Calle Cervantes.




En la Calle Cervantes, a pocos pasos de la Calle San Andrés, está este retablo sobre la fachada lateral de la casa que fue de la familia Lissen, inmueble que hasta finales de los años 1980 fue sede de la Comunidad de Siervas de María y, actualmente, es sede de la Dirección Provincial de Sevilla de la Consejería de Obras Públicas y Vivienda de la Junta de Andalucía.
El Señor de Sevilla lleva la túnica que bordó en 1854 Manuel María Ariza (perdida pocos años después), La foto que la inmortalizó sirvió de modelo a ceramistas que pintaron azulejos en el primer cuarto de siglo XX.
Se cree que fue creado a principios de los años 20 del siglo pasado y mide 1,65 m. de alto por 85 cms. de ancho.
.
In Cervantes Street, few steps far from Saint Andres Street, this altarpiece is in the lateral wall of the house that belonged to the Lissen family, building that until the final year of the 80s was the headquarters of Siervas de Maria's Community and, nowadays, it is headquarters of the Provincial Direction of Seville of the Council of Public Works and Housing of the Goverment of Andalusia.
The Lord of Seville, like is known the Christ of the Great Power, takes the tunic that Manuel Maria Ariza embroidered in 1854 (lost a few years later).
The photo that immortalized him was used as model who was painted in ceramic in the first quarter of 20th century.
It is believed that it was created at the beginning of the 20s of last century and measures 1,65 m. high and 85 cms. width.

1 comentario: